VALENTINE - CHINATOWN BASKETBALL LEAGUE
3400 SOUTH EMERALD AVENUE (773) 927-7373
OPEN, ALL ruling’s by CBL-commissioner are FINAL.
1) LENGTH OF GAME - Two halves per game, 18 minutes per half. First half will be running time with last ONE (1)
minute stop time, Second half will be running time with the last TWO (2) minutes stop time.
2) OVERTIME - 2 minutes time with the ONE (1) minute stop time. SECOND overtime is 1 minute, THIRD
overtime is SUDDEN DEATH.
3) TIMEOUTS - Each team allotted 3 timeouts per game with NO carryover. ONE (1) timeout per team in overtime with
NO carryover in successive overtime periods. Timeouts will be 30 seconds in length.
4) PERSONAL/TEAM FOULS -
a) Each player is allotted 5 personal fouls per game. Technical fouls counts as personal fouls.
A player or coach who gets TWO (2) technical fouls will be ejected from the game.
b) On the team’s 7th foul, one-and-one bonus free throws will be awarded to the opposing team.
On the 10th team foul, two free throws will be awarded.
5) TECHNICAL FOULS - TWO (2) free throws plus possession will be awarded. Technical fouls count as team fouls.
On Double Technical fouls, No shots are awarded with alternating possessions in effect.
6) FIGHTING - Any player (s) or coach (es) involved in fighting will be immediately ejected from the LEAGUE. A team
leaving the bench that further aggravates an altercation or fight will also be ejected. FIGHTING WILL NOT BE
TOLERATED. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED FOR ALL DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR
FLAGRANT FOULS WILL BE ASSESSED AS TWO TECHNICAL FOULS EQUALING FOUR FREE
THROWS AWARDED TO OPPOSING TEAM. PLAYERS WILL BE EJECTED FROM GAME AND
SUSPENSION FOR NEXT TWO GAMES. PLAYER WILL BE ON PROBATION WITH EXPULSION
FROM LEAGUE UPON A SECOND VIOLATION.
TRASH TALKING IS NOT ALLOWED, A TECHNICAL FOUL MAY BE ISSUED AT THE DISCRETION
OF OFFICIALS, A WARNING IS GIVEN AFTER WHICH A TECHNICAL WILL FOLLOW, WITH
ADDITIONAL ENFORCEMENT MEASURES TO BE TAKEN IF NEEDED.
7) THREE POINT LINE in effect at all times / 45 SECOND-SHOT CLOCK will NOT be in effect.
8) SLAUGTER RULE – will be called “GAME OVER” at the TWO minute mark of the 2nd half when a team is losing by 20
or more points.
9) FORFEITURES - Each team must report to their assigned court FIVE (5) minutes before the scheduled game time. A TEN
(10) minute grace period will be allowed. 10 MINUTES AFTER THE SCHEDULED GAME, A FORFEITURE WILL BE
CALLED. A $100.00 forfeit fee will be assessed and paid before reinstatement for next league game.
10) PRE-GAME WARMUPS - Will be FIVE (5) minutes, late team will not be allowed to warmup. Half time intervals for each
game will be THREE (3) minutes.
11) JUMP BALLS - We will be using alternating possessions after the initial jump ball to start and jump ball for each over time.
12) UNIFORMS - Must be worn at all times. All teams must have SAME COLOR uniforms. Every uniform must have a unique
number. Players without a uniform or a uniform without a number will not be allowed to play. No taping of numbers
13) ROSTERS are closed after the 3rd game, players must play in FIVE (5) games to make playoffs.